Sunday, January 1, 2012

Start the New Year on the right foot!

Happy New Year!
The latest night I have had, in a long time made getting out of bed difficult this morning. As I listened to the 20+ MPH winds howling and the shivers I got when reading the "feels like temperature" was 18 degrees, 2 thoughts popped into my head: OLYMPIC TRIALS and NEW YEAR. Justin and I finished our 10 miles and I told him my New Year's philosophy: Getting out and being active on The first day of the new year (the first day of the rest of your life) is good luck and good for the soul. So was going to church :) Enjoy the day and whether it is big or small, do something today that you will be proud of tomorrow and stride toward a goal! Life is short...running can make it seem longer.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2012. Here's to the year I become a Herrick, land a J-O-B, witness the first Kelly wedding (Ry and Michelle) and make a run with Olympic marathoners...and that is all just the breakfast menu!
DK

No comments:

Post a Comment