Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Recovery Monday, Tempo Tuesday...

Oh, and a couple 4 legged friends to introduce you to!
Look who kept finding me on the river running trail this morning...
"Yo quiero Taco Bell" ?? Poor little guy said hello as I started my workout and was still prancing around the same area when I returned, over 10 miles later! No collar or sign of an owner, but I didn't feel he/she would be the best gift to Ashley and TJ, when they already have Whinnie (Pooh Bear!)...


The sharpest Chinese Shar pei I have met, yet. Whin-dog loves to play and show off her sit-lay-shake, and my all-time favorite "go team" high five. She could fall asleep on anything and hates water. She currently spends her time protecting us from the looming bobcats that roam these parts, in AZ.

Run recap:
Monday
After the 24 miles on Sunday, the usual Monday gig is 8 miles at an easy pace followed by 10 short hill sprints (10-12 second bursts of fun). Ash and I headed east from the house along one of the main roads in town and eventually hopped on the trail that follows the river. It was about ~45 degrees and cloudy at 8am and we were hit with steady rain by the time we returned to the house. The neighborhood hills just outside their door made for a very convenient hill location.  Stretching, core, and Jane Fonda leg lift circuit came next. A warm cup of joe with a splash of TJ's eggnog (don't tell him) reminded me that it is almost Christmas!

The remainder of the gloomy/cloudy day was spend job searching, wedding researching, and a trip to Target to gather up the goods for a Chili dinner. Ash was having a Chili craving and we cured that right up with the CC combo (Chili and cornbread)... which hit the spot and was delish.
Dessert was not forgotten, as we endulged in a "triple cookie" ice cream flavor (truly, my biggest guilty pleasure).

Tuesday
I rolled the shades up this morning to see the sun shining in the clear sky and Mt. Lemmon smiling. I took TJ's family mini van and drove down to the river running trail. Today's workout: 2 miles easy, 6 miles at marathon pace to half marathon pace (6:15, working down to 6:00), and ending with 2 miles easy cool down. I was also joined in my lunge circuit, on the trail, by my new "Taco Bell" dog (see above) but sadly had to tell him good bye as I headed for the U of A rec center pool.  After my moonlight swim on Friday night, I was sad to be going during the day but the attitude changed after diving in. The 60 minute swim in the clear, completely empty pool, under the bright sun was just what the docter ordered for my Iowa-girl natural outdoor chills.

After boppin' it home in the mini van, I may just have to spend the rest of my afternoon catching up on Runner's World and Brides mags and sit by the pool with Whin dog. Dinner tonight will be made my (almost professional) chef TJ: Thai Pumpkin Soup... can't wait!

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday and thanks for following,
DK

No comments:

Post a Comment