Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sole Sister Running

Hello and welcome!
I wanted to start a blog that allowed me to share my training and racing experiences with family and friends, but to also encourage others to share experiences or questions on running topics. There is an individual level for each runner but ultimately, we are all working toward the same goal- to put one foot in front of the other.

The phrase 'Sole Sister' developed after I began to run consistently with a group of early-morning training gals in Des Moines. These women have impacted me in many ways (more than just the fact that we are all crazy about running numerous miles before the sun comes up). I am able to get myself out of bed each day (anywhere between 3:30am-5:30am) because I know they are counting on me to show up and meet them. I owe each step of my marathon training to these women and I often share with others, that I would not be a marathoner today if it was not for my sole sisters.

I welcome your comments/questions/ideas/advice and thank you for following!
Are you a 'sole sister'? Who do you share your strides with?

No comments:

Post a Comment